Medical Social Services
Medical Social Worker conduct an assessment to determine client needs and identify any limitations, barriers, or safety issues that might impede recovery, educate patients and families regarding community resources and support, and assist with long range planning, including advance care planning and directives, and overall care opportunities. Medical Social Workers may also assist the physician in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to client health.
Our Medical Social Workers work with the clients and their families to keep them at home in a safe and healthy environment.
Medical Social Services include:
- Community resource planning and coordination
- Advance directives (Power of Attorney for Health Care or Living Will)
- Assistance in emotional adjustments to life changes
- Crisis intervention
- Assistance with applications for financial aid
- Counseling with life-style changes
- Teaching regarding coping with loss and change
- Grief counseling/coping with impending loss